The Peak District Exhibition, raising money for the charity -
The Alzheimer's Society
We are starting a year of fundraising exhibitions, with the theme of The Peak District, our artists have already raised money towards the Alzheimer's Society with their entry fees, you can support too by purchasing their paintings that are on display throughout February where 25 % will go towards this worthy cause.
February artists exhibiting are:
- Karina Goodman Gallery,
- John Connolly,
- Ruth Gray images,
- Valerie Dalling Photography,
- Jen Oldknow,
- Natasha Braithwaite Black and White Photography and Darkroom Printing,
- Sandy Hillyer,
- Martin Davis Artist,
- Martin Sloman,
- Sharon Louise,
- Garden Gallery,
- Naive Art of Caroline Appleyard,
- Artywood by Dianna Lee
What is dementia?225,000 people develop dementia every year, that's roughly one person every three minutes.
Dementia is caused by diseases of the brain, the most common of which is Alzheimer's disease.
A physical disease caused by changes in the structure of the brain and a shortage of important chemicals that help with the transmission of messages.
Dementia costs the UK £26.3 Billion a year. That's enough to pay the annual energy bill of every household in the country.
Greater investment in dementia research is needed. Dementia costs over £30,000 per person with dementia each year, yet only £90 per person is spent on research.
Dementia costs society £26bn each year, yet only £74m was spent on research in the last year.
How will your donations help?
- £5 could pay for one person to attend a half hour session at a monthly Dementia Café, providing information and support for people with dementia and their carers.
- £20 could pay for 100 copies of Understanding and respecting the person with dementia - one of the Society's most requested factsheets.
- £50 could fund a PhD researcher for one day to continue vital research into understanding the causes of dementia, how it can be treated and, ultimately, to find a cure.
- £120 could pay to run Talking Point for one day - the Society's 24/7 online community for all people affected by dementia
Information sourced via:
Tuesday to Saturday 10-5 Wed by appoint only. STUDIO 61 Leashaw, Holloway near Matlock DE4 5AT